The objectives of the HVSIA are to:
• Promote and share knowledge related to HVS technology;
• Establish a structure for ongoing interactions on topics related to pavement engineering with a specific focus on the HVS technology;
• Establish mechanisms for funding, monitoring and completing studies of common issues through the optimum participation of members;
• Provide expertise so that studies of interest can be expeditiously defined, managed and results reviewed;
• Optimize the use of resources through the coordination of HVS related research.
It is assumed that all HVS owners will continue with their own research programmes. The HVSIA activities are intended to complement and support the efforts of individual members